Great for Side Dish for BBQ and PotLucks
For Mother’s Day we had a bbq, and I decideded to bring deviled eggs and this classic cucumber and onions salad, two staples for barbecues! This recipe is one that I have used for years, you can use white or red onions in this, my husband bought red ones, so that is what we used. It adds a bit more color when you use red, but it is totally whatever you prefer.
My sister in law had a selfie stick so we put it to good use and did a fun family photo of everyone! I loved having to cram everyone on the couch all scrunched up so we could capture this photo! This is Adam’s parents and the three kids and our families and that my sister-in-laws mom and sister! We had tons of food, and lots of fun play time! Clay really loved being around everyone! He has one little cousin that they are one day shy of a month apart, so they could play together well!
We love to have fun and do silly pictures, it helps make life more fun! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day!!!
Okay Okay… enough pictures and let’s move on to the recipe shall we!
- 3-4 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 1 Red or White Onion
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel and thinly slice cucumbers. Then slice onion thinly as well.
- Place in bowl, add in vinegar, water, and sugar. Mix up and put in fridge.
- After like 2 hours go and stir it and add in some salt and pepper to taste.
- The longer this sets the better the flavors, I normally make a day before the time I want to eat it.
- If you think it is a little strong or something feel free to add a little more vinegar, water or sugar. Just play with it to fit your taste buds.
If you make this recipe I hope you all enjoy it! Also, another add in is dill. A lot of people love to add dill to this, I personally am not a fan of dill so I always leave it out. If you do add it in, I think a teaspoon will do!