Rich Ooey Gooey Brownies
Nothing can beat a classic homemade brownie, it is for sure something I could eat all the time! I like boxed brownies too, but I like the taste that homemade have that can’t be copied from a box mix! These brownies are nice and ooey gooey and have a great chocolate flavor. You can also add in chocolate chips or nuts if you would like, I just did a basic brownie with no goodies added in. I like my brownies a little soft, so I just watch the baking time closely so that they don’t dry out and over cook.
It was fun baking because I had my little helper scooting around in his lil driver walker! He would just move around while I was mixing up stuff, and then I would take little breaks to play with him! Clay is at a really fun age, I love when he gets to giggling, and doing his fake coughing! Hopefully as he gets older he will want to help in the kitchen when I bake and cook, I think it is great for them to learn at a young age!
Classic Brownie Recipe
When I bake and sometimes even when I cook I use my KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I have always wanted one and a few years back Adam got it for me for a gift! It has been so nice to have, it really does the work for you! They are a little pricey for some people, but it is truly worth the investment if you enjoy being in the kitchen and cooking! You can even shred meats with this, it is very versatile.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I like Special Dark)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Great a 9x9 square baking pan, or if you prefer line with parchment paper..
- In a bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer) mix together sugar, oil, and eggs. Once it is mixed add in your vanilla extract.
- Then in a separate bowl, you will want to put the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and mix it up.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet mixture till well incorporated.
- Pour into your pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you put toothpick in and it comes out pretty clean with just a few crumbs.
Depending on where you live and altitude can affect the cooking time for this recipe.
I hope if you make this recipe, you all enjoy it! Hope you all have a blessed week!