Cookie Bars Made Easy
Sometimes I crave sweets and don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen making it, that is when I decide to whip up these lazy girl’s cookie bars! They are so quick and easy to make, and you can toss whatever toppings you want in it! Whether you want nuts, butterscotch, peanut butter, m&m’s, or crunched up candy bars, the skies the limits! If you have never heard of this beautiful creation, today is your lucky day! These lazy girl’s cookie bars are made with cake mix and minimal ingredients making it so great for whipping it up quickly!
Cookie Bars Made with Cake Mix
When I made these I did half butterscotch and chocolate chip and the other half mini M&M’s and chocolate chips. I couldn’t decide which sounded better so I said let’s split it and make both! It turned out delicious and I am glad I decided to go for both flavor combos!
- 1 box yellow mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini M&M's and Butterscotch Chips (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- All you want to do is mix all the ingredients together, I used my KitchenAid Mixer for this, made it quick and then once well mixed pour into a 9x13 greased pan.
- Then if you have toppings like me sprinkle them on top, or if you want to do just one flavor mix it in the batter, it will taste better.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and you can put a toothpick through or knife and comes out clean.
See how easy these babies are!?!!? I mean you can’t get much easier than that, and they taste amazing! Like I said above you can add nuts, cut up candy bars or whatever else your heart desires! Anymore I am all about quick and easy but yet satisfyingly delicious! This recipe reaches both requirements so it is a winner in my book!
I hope if you make these delicious bars you will enjoy them! Great for a potluck dinner or family bbq, or if you are like me just to treat yourself to some sweets!