Classic Strawberry Poke Cake
If you are looking for a refreshing and tasty dessert, you should make a Classic Strawberry Poke Cake! I remember being a kid and going to Grandma’s and having this Classic Strawberry Poke Cake! I always wanted it, but never knew how and then several years ago my husband asked me to make it. I started asking around and found out this is literally the easiest cake ever to make! If you don’t make this cake, you are missing out!
I decided to make the Strawberry Poke Cake this year for the 4th of July. As you can see in the photo above, I attempted to take a photo of my amazing family. I had a fantasy of providing you with an awesome 4th of July family portrait with all of us in our 4th gear, but this is the best I could get! With Haydyn having a meltdown and my husband not wanting to be in the photo it’s a good thing we had some yummy cake to keep us happy for dinner!
Okay, back to that delicious cake! The best part about this cake is that you refrigerate it, so it is so nice and cold with each amazing bite. Another great thing about the cake is that you can personalize it to meet your tastes. I use strawberry jello and add strawberries, but you could easily replace it with orange, cherry or anything else you like!
There are also many things you can do to spruce of the frosting if you want. I prefer good old fashion whip cream, but you may want to add some cream cheese to it or some fresh strawberries sent through the food processor. No matter what you choose, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) box of strawberry jello
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 (8 oz.) tub of cool whip
- Fresh fruit like strawberries or blueberries (optional)
- Follow the directions on the box of cake mix and prepare as recommended. When cake is almost done baking, boil your cup of water and dissolve the strawberry jello in the water. When the cake is done, poke holes with a fork all over while it's still hot. Then pour your jello all over the top of the cake and allow to cool. Once cooled, put your cook whip all over the top. Add fresh fruit to the top if desired and place in the fridge. I like to refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating. Enjoy!