Calling all Banana Lovers, here is a great Simple Banana Bread Recipe
I am a huge banana lover, so I am always up for making a delicious and simple homemade banana bread when I get a chance! Adam, is not a fan of bananas, but it seems that Clay likes them, so we can enjoy all the banana bread together now! I had some bananas getting brown, so I thought what a perfect time to whip up some banana bread.
I am excited for later today at snack time, for Clay to try it and see if he likes it. He is really starting to experiment with foods now, so it will be his first time eating it. So far he really loves his breads, just like his mommy! I craved bread a ton when I was pregnant with him!
Easy Homemade Banana Bread
This is a really easy bread recipe, and you can also add in chocolate chips, nuts, or other dried fruits if you would like. I just did a basic recipe today, and maybe introduce chocolate to Clay at a later date! This does make a little bit of a smaller loaf, so it is great if you are not wanting a ton. It doesn’t rise incredibly high like some recipes do.
- 3 ripe bananas (peeled and mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup sugar (you can do 3/4 cup if you want less sweet)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL - NUTS or Chocolate Chips ( I would do 1/2 cup if you want to add them)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer, peeled the bananas, and let the machine mash up my bananas on low. If you don't have a mixer, then take a fork and mash them really good.
- Then you will want to add in the melted butter, sugar, and beaten egg.
- In a small bowl, put your flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix that well, and then slowly add dry ingredients into the mixer with wet.
- Lastly add in your vanilla extract.
- Once it is well mixed, you can mix in nuts or chips if you want. Then pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for around 45-1 hour.
- You want the top to be golden brown, and when you stick a toothpick through it comes out clean, or with little crumbs.
I really love how this is a nice moist bread. You just have to make sure not to over-bake it or that will make it dry. I hope if you make it you all enjoy it like we are!
Hope you all have a great rest of your week, and weekend!