Spring is here and Summer is on the horizon and in that I want light and fresh meals, like this quick and easy shrimp spring bowl! This is a fun new take to the classic spring rolls! No struggle messing with rice paper, just use rice noodles! They are so delicious I seriously can’t get enough of them! Our local Chinese has them and it is a must have when we eat there!
As you can see this is a gorgeous meal, and also very fresh! I love the veggies on the side, you are welcome to chop them up smaller so they are bite size if you don’t want them in bigger chunks. For this recipe I used the smaller shrimp, it works wonderful for salads. If you have fresh shrimp on hand feel free to use that!
- 1/2 cup small (salad) shrimp, cooked and cleaned.
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 large carrot, washed and sliced
- 4 large pieces of romaine lettuce, chopped
- *3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- *1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- (*Note: Can substitute with Sweet and Sour Sauce*)
- Prepare rice noodles as directed, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Add the rice noodles to a bowl.
- Add lettuce, carrots, avocado, and shrimp to the top of the noodles.
- In a small bowl, mix together sweet chili sauce and fish sauce. (Skip this step if substituting)
- Pour sauce over prepared bowl, and enjoy.
So as you can see this is super quick to whip up, and of course this is something that is great to save and eat the next day. Just keep the items separate and then create another bowl when you are wanting more! You can 100% play around with the veggies you want to add to it. If you don’t like something keep it out and feel free to replace it with something different. Just keep in mind the sauce and think what could go good with it.
If you are interested in the fun bowl and spoon like I have here, I will link some below that are similar! They really make a fun presentation to the meal! They are fun to have on hand when you are hosting a party, or just want some fun dinnerware to match your delicious meal like this!