When it comes to cookies I am not picky, I love them all, but my favorite are no bake cookies! I love the chocolate and peanut butter paired with oatmeal, it is the perfect combination! I wanted to share a fun new way to make no bakes, here is a crockpot no bake cookie recipe, I think you guys might enjoy!
Don’t own a crockpot? Then head over and buy one here!
I really love how easy it is to toss the ingredients into your crockpot and just let it do it’s magic, then stir and drop your cookies onto wax paper and your done! It is simple and painless and let me say the reward is worth it!
If you are wondering how this compares to the classic stove top no bake cookies, it is very similar! I found that the flavors were very close to the same. The texture was ever so slightly different, but not enough to really worry about! I think to me this is a winner recipe for ease and taste, and we will be making more of these in the future! I love to make these up and then freeze them, so if I am craving some sweet I can pull one or two out of the freezer to munch on!
Chocolate No Bake Cookies
With this recipe, you whip up the wet ingredients, toss in the bottom of the crockpot, then sprinkle the oats on top DO NOT STIR THEM IN), and dollop the peanut butter dab in the center and turn to high to cook. Within 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours when it bubbles on the sides, you turn off, add your vanilla and stir then drop the cookies on to wax paper to set up. It is so easy, I mean genius! If you are not good at baking this is kind of fool-proof which is awesome!
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, whatever you prefer)
- First off you want to grab a bowl and mix up the milk, softened butter that is room temperature, sugars, and cocoa powder.
- Once well mixed pour into your crockpot, then pour your oats over the top, do not mix oats in! Then dollop the peanut butter in the center of the crockpot on top of oatmeal.
- Turn to high and cook for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours or until the chocolatey part is bubbling. Mine took 1 hour but each crockpot heats differently so time varies.
- Once it is done, add in your vanilla extract and stir the mixture well, and spoon onto wax paper and let cookies set up!
Easy peasy like I said, and super delicious! I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and make sure to check out all the other recipes we have up for grabs!