Easy and Delicious Freezer Burritos
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe, try these Delicious Freezer Burritos. Like most moms, I am very busy and it is hard to make a nice meal every single night. Several times a month I decide to make food ahead of time and put it in the freezer for a quick and easy meal. That way on those busy dance nights we don’t always feel like we have to eat out. This not only saves us time, but money as well. Plus, I like to eat these for lunch instead of sandwiches all the time!
In our home, anything that is evenly slightly Mexican gets us all on board! I swear we could live off of beans, tortillas and cheese! This recipe contains very few ingredients and it is super quick to whip up a batch to freeze or eat right away.
The best part about this recipe is that you can do several things to make it your own. I use original Rotel Tomatoes, but if you want a little more kick you could go with the Hot Rotel. If you like onions or peppers, you could add some when you brown your hamburger.
- Package of Knorr Mexican Rice - prepared
- 16 oz. can of refried beans (I use fat-free, but whatever kind you prefer)
- 10 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 lb. hamburger browned and drained
- 1 package of taco bell original seasoning
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 soft tortilla shells
- After browning hamburger, add package of taco bell seasoning using the directions on the package. Add refried beans and rotel to the hamburger mixture.
- I always stir it around and get it nice and hot.
- Once it is hot, take a tortilla shell and add as much rice as you want and top it with the hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue filling burritos until your run out of filling.
- Fold and serve immediately or let cool and prepare to place in the freezer.
Now, to freeze these burritos let them cool and then tightly wrap them in aluminum foil. I like to put mine in gallon size freezer bags and I always write the date I made them. To warm them, place them on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel. I usually heat them for 2-3 minutes until they are cooked through.
Add some tortilla chips and guacamole and you have a pretty tasty meal! When you serve the burritos, they go so nicely with some sour cream, any kind of nacho cheese sauce or some picante sauce on top! You can also add lettuce or tomato add to the delicious burritos.
Now you can just sit back and enjoy your Easy and Delicious Freezer Burritos. No need to worry about having to rush home to slave over the stove to make supper!