Amazing Sausage Stuffed Jumbo Shells Recipe
Enjoy Italian food heaven with this Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe. You can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe. The spices and sauce blend well and leave you begging for more.
Lasagna is a favorite in our household, but sometimes we want something a little different. Once we were invited to some friends house for dinner and the hostess served us Sausage Stuffed Shells. I immediately fell in love at the very first bite. The sausage just takes the pasta dish to a whole new level. My mouth is watering, just thinking about it!
The Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe has become a staple in our home. We make sure to keep it in our rotation of regular meals.
Make the Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe as a Freezer Meal
Finding freezer meals that actually taste good can sometimes be difficult. I recommend if you plan to use it as a freezer meal, to make sure and thaw it properly or it will take forever to cook. I made the mistake of taking out of the freezer at lunch and trying to cook it for supper and it was sort of a disaster! Best case scenario is to place it in the fridge the night before you plan to bake it.
It is a great meal gift! The Sausage Stuffed Shells are also a wonderful meal for someone who just had a baby, a college kid or someone who had a death in the family recently. They can eat it right way or toss it in the freezer for an easy meal later on. Plus, this meal is a little different that the normal casseroles and regular lasagna’s people normally give. People love this meal, so except lots of compliments and people asking for the recipe.
The thing I love the most about this Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe (besides the sausage) is the cheese! I love the cottage cheese with the mozzarella and the Parmesan all together. Cheese is literally one of my favorite foods ever. With this recipe, there is plenty of that gooey and delicious cheese to go around.
You can really personalize these by adding or omitting any of the ingredients. You could add other kinds of cheese, mushrooms, black olives or even diced tomatoes. The options are endless!
- 20 - 25 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (12 oz.) can of tomato paste
- 1 (14 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) package of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil pasta in large pot with water and add salted butter (to prevent sticking). Cook for 5-7 minutes. You want pasta to remain slightly firm and not mushy.
- Brown sausage, onions and garlic cloves. Drain meat.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Simmer for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, 3/4 of the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Once shells have finished cooking, add spoonfuls of the cheese mixture to shells.
- Place them in 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour sausage mixture over the top and bake for 25 - 35 minutes.
Give These Other Recipes a Try Too!