Sour Cream Cucumber And Onion Salad – Delicious!
In our house we love this Easy Creamy Cucumber Salad, it is a nice twist from the classic cucumber and onion salad. I find it has a bit of a less bite to it, which is what I prefer. This one has sour cream, you can find some recipes that use mayonnaise, but I prefer the sour cream recipe! I like to make this every now and again!
My mother in law gave us some cucumber and onions from her garden, so I thought this would be a great time to whip this recipe up! It is really easy to make and doesn’t take many ingredients! This is great recipe for family gatherings, bbq’s, and potlucks!
Sour Cream Cucumber Salad
Like I said above it is so quick and easy to make this, and feel free to add a little dill if you like it. I am not a huge fan of fresh dill so I always skip it!
- 2 Large Cucumbers - Peeled and Sliced Thin
- 1 Large Red or White Onion Sliced thin
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar (If you want more sweet do 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Once you get your cucumber and onions sliced nice in thin you will set aside.
- In a bowl mix your sour cream, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper together.
- Then mix in your veggies, and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. They taste better if they sit over night in fridge. It helps break them down a little.
I don't like my cucumber and onions to be that sweet, if you do add the 1/4 cup sugar like I said. You can always start at a little sugar taste, and then if you want more sweet add more later.
As you can see it doesn’t take much to whip these up, it is just waiting for them to set in the fridge to do their magic! Letting them sit helps break down the cucumbers and onions so they soak up that delicious flavor and become a bit softer like they need to be. We always enjoy eating them the next day, but I know at times we just wait the 4 hours cause we have no will power!
And there ya go, a delicious side the family will love! Also if you are looking for a classic cucumber and onion salad, click here for that recipe!